To my mind the real tragedy is the city folk facing this outage for the first (not last) time. But I'm betting they will figure it out. People usually do.

As for fuel costing more, the base price/barrel is surprisingly similar across the USA. Taxes and fees make the difference - on average about 55% of the cost here locally, although some areas are higher. That's low-hanging political fruit to be plucked, but rabidly protected.

rScotty

On Feb 20, 2021, at 9:02 AM, sheaftractor <sheaftractor@...> wrote:

From what I’ve heard the problem is the electric plants & windmills didn’t have cold weather protection which caused them to go down. Now money will have to be spent for the cold weather upgrades.

From: main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io [mailto:main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io] On Behalf Of gyancey52
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2021 9:27 AM
To: main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io
Subject: Re: So what did you accomplish today? #OT

I went to the store one day,I xan't remember which, and the shelves looked like Russian grocery shelves.  I  went for salt for my water softener but was so  disgusted I just left.  I went to another store and there was a line so I went home.  Luckily we always keep a good supply of food on hand, and even if that dwindles down I can hunt.  We have an enormous amount of hogs in Tx......ummm bacon.

They are saying our electric bills will most likely go up, because they failed us we get to pay the price, I don't understand the logic.