Turf tyre retrofit AF120

George Mason

Hi all,

I thought you might find this interesting and/or it may be useful to someone in the future. I needed to fit turf tyres to my grey import Yanmar AF120 as the rice paddy tyres were destroying the land it was being used on. I wanted to keep the original rims just in case conditions demanded something a bit more rugged at any point.

I found a set of used rims from a John Deere 2520 which had almost the identical rolling circumference to the originals, but completely different bolt pattern and hub diameter. I then designed some adapters and had a local engineering firm manufacture them for me. This makes it easy to go back to the original setup whenever i need to.

Pics attached, the whole thing is also documented here: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/threads/yanmar-af120-turf-tyre-retrofit.435004/

Let me know if you want to know any more details about the project :)

Cheers

George

Join main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.