2210D and a single bottom plow

Bill Pendergrass

I wanted to say thanks to the folks that talked with me about double vs single bottom plows and the 2210D.
This morning I bought a single and used it.  It is definitely all the 2210D could pull at the speed required to get the soil to flip at the depth I was digging (deep). I was in 3rd gear, 2 on the Powershift and around 2200 rpm.  It took 4 rows for me to get the plow angles and depth adjustments into a good range so that I was not constantly adjusting the lift.
Water temp stabilized at 190F once I got rolling for the hr or so it took to do our garden plot.

I'm crossing my fingers that this will decrease the weeds this year.

BMaverick

Bill,

Great to hear your feedback. And great to hear how your fine tuned the tractor settings to make it all work.

How many days to you keep the soil flipped before tilling it level again?

BMaverick

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

Bill Pendergrass

BMaverick,
My intent is to maximize that time.  This year it will be shorter than desired. We will till and plant in early May.
If I had the bottom plow earlier, I probably would have flipped the soil 3 to 4 weeks ago.

But. I am no expert.  Just trying to remember from my youth and watching other fields being prepared.