Topics

Craigs List - Yanmar machines listed #craigslist

r. burgen

On Sep 27, 2020, at 9:41 PM, BMaverick <bmaverick@...> wrote:

Ronald,

How to food-plot like a pro with a YM2000 20Hp 2-cly and a disc-harrow.   This was taken just last week !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XuZkWOEXo0

It's taken a few passes, yet the YM2000 is getting it done.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

BMaverick

Wow, that is a nice machine.  Wish I could have a FEL and Grapple at this time.  I have a dire need for that setup right now for land clearing in a bad way.

And he has it setup PERFECTLY ...

It has a proper power beyond port, a float function for dragging the bucket, and is very easy to feather and control. All of the hydraulic lines are new and in perfect condition. The grapple is controlled by buttons in the handle of the loader joystick. The third function valve is a true third function powered by the power beyond port and not by a diverter valve. That means that you can grapple at the same time you are running the loader.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

r. burgen

Yes, that FX refurb really pretty. That's why I shared the cl ad.
But...
It’s a grey mkt import, there’s no mention of actual hours (if known) and you can’t be sure what's hiding under the new paint and tasty add-on farkles.

That said, I was absolutely doing the math re: what I might get for my 155D etc and the unallocated disposable funds I have lying around (yeah right!) and came to the conclusion that my current yanny is probably all I need.

Today, I took apart and carried off a big alder that blew down in a windstorm a couple of weeks ago.

image1.jpeg

That dirt encrusted root is 12’ in the air

image2.jpeg

Same tree, same place looking the other way.
The trunk where I’m standing is ~2’ in diameter.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Seein’ as you mentioned it...
Doing a write-up for the group about the thumb/grapple I added to my FEL has been on my to-do list for a while.
Spoiler-alert....(it's the most useful feature I have after the mower&FEL)
Stay tuned
:))BOB

On Sep 28, 2020, at 1:47 PM, BMaverick <bmaverick@...> wrote:

Wow, that is a nice machine.  Wish I could have a FEL and Grapple at this time.  I have a dire need for that setup right now for land clearing in a bad way.

And he has it setup PERFECTLY ...

It has a proper power beyond port, a float function for dragging the bucket, and is very easy to feather and control. All of the hydraulic lines are new and in perfect condition. The grapple is controlled by buttons in the handle of the loader joystick. The third function valve is a true third function powered by the power beyond port and not by a diverter valve. That means that you can grapple at the same time you are running the loader.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

KC2GIU

Anyone local to Janesville-WI, It looks like a YM330 or YM336.  Low hours too.

https://madison.craigslist.org/hvo/d/evansville-yanmar-tractor-with-loader/7218192882.html

Ad says
Yanmar Tractor with front end loader attachment. 4x4. Diesel engine. Multi speed transmission with shuttle shift. New tires. Comes with another set of tires and rims. Good paint. Only 558 Hours on this tractor. Asking $12,800.

KC2GIU

Ah, after a zoom in and close up, it's a YM2620D.  3T84-NC engine.  Guess the tires had my mind thinking it was a US model.

tomkat685@...

Yanmar 155D for Sale - Eastern Pennsylvania.  Seller confirmed the hour meter hasn't turned over yet.

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/grd/d/nemacolin-yanmar-155d-tractor/7225569345.html

KC2GIU

Tomkat,

Neat find.  Not sure if $3,000 would bring in a buyer for the small machine as other domestic brands in that era are going for less as used.  About $2,200 would be a fair buy.  The machine is also missing it's original ROPs.  I know the early green version units didn't get the ROPs, but the red models sure did.

With so many of these CL postings, it may be best to put them all together in one accumulated posting.  WHY?  Because once the CL posting expires, the ad and all the info disappears.  Lost in the forever land of what once was listed.

Steve

Scotty

I'm not sure when the ROPS appeared on the USA Yanmars. It may have been optional for awhile.
I know that our very early YM165D - the red version of the YM155D - didn't come with ROPS.
But 10 years later our YM336D did. I removed it from that one. Like any tool, ROPS isn't always appropriate. It can be a hazard in dense forest.
rScotty

The machine is also missing it's original ROPs.  I know the early green version units didn't get the ROPs, but the red models sure did.
Steve

KC2GIU

US Federal law under OSHA states all tractors sold after June 1st, 1975 had to have them.  Some tractor manufactures complied nearly a year earlier as  import tractors could be made, shipped over here and sit on dealer lots to be sold by the deadline.  That would make a time in 1974 as the earliest adoption. to comply with the law.

Sweden made law in 1959 for machinery to have ROPs.

John Deere on record has a 1966 4020 tractor with a defined Roll-Gard that later is defined as a ROPs. From here, the ROPs was born in America.
https://johndeerejournal.com/2016/09/rops-feature-story

Want to know what tractors can have ROPs placed on them by retrofit and in compliance with the OSHA regulations?  Look here: http://rops.ca.uky.edu

Wally Plumley

On 11/14/2020 12:33 PM, KC2GIU wrote:
I know the early green version units didn't get the ROPs, but the red
models sure did.

My red YM1500D didn't come with a ROPS.

Wally

jshelton5040

I bought my fx20d in 2005 and it came without ROPS.  Maybe the dealer was breaking the law?

Avast logo

There is a good chance the dealer was IF the tractor was manufactured AFTER the ROPS date.  But, selling used, chances are he got away with it, even as a refurb unit from Asia.

KC2GIU

Knowing there are many machines on CL offered and possibly it's entertaining to see or we may even consider buying another one, or two or three ...

If you come across a Yanmar on Craigs List, just add it to this list here.

Here is a rather nice machine with a FEL.

2009 cub cadet yanmar - $10,500

https://battlecreek.craigslist.org/grd/d/bellevue-2009-cub-cadet-yanmar/7230227351.html

Cub Cadet Yanmar SC2400, 4x4, diesel. 542 hours. Runs like a top. 60in. mower deck. 1/3yd. bucket and a counter weight box. 2 sets of mower blades.

Or an older JD770 for the same price
John Deere 770 Compact Tractor - $10,500
https://lansing.craigslist.org/grd/d/dearing-john-deere-770-compact-tractor/7232802799.html
John Deere 770, 24 hp Yanmar Diesel engine. The tractor has 845 hrs on the meter. Comes with loaded ag tires and also a set of turf tires. Everything works as it should, always serviced every year with full synthetic oil.

r. burgen

On Nov 17, 2020, at 8:59 PM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

[...]

Kevin Catoe

Too bad that pallet of rops is clear across the country, I could really use one for my 1401D

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 2:00 AM, r. burgen
<copcycle@...> wrote:
Did someone say ROPS?

[...]

Edited

Me too Kevin - I have a 1401D also!

KC2GIU posted some info in the Yanmar Cab chat about a ROPS program AND, as a help, go to our WIKI Resource page.  Look at the ROPS section.  I applied for the program a while back and got on their waiting list.  Not holding my breath though.

"Also, did you know, there is a ROPS rebate program?  Up to 70% off rebate of your purchase price of a ROPS.  And it also cover the ROPS sold by Fredrick's or any of their UTDA dealers or Hoye (same ROPS system).
I would highly recommend anyone without a ROPS to look into this. Folding ROPS are covered in the program. https://www.ropsr4u.org

KC2GIU

WOW a HUGE find.  ROPS are not cheap.  These would just need a dusting and hit with fresh paint.

A person living up to 300 miles away would still get a good deal.  Get the one that fit's their tractor and sell the remainders in their area in Northern CA.

I know years ago TractorErnie sold his business out in OR.  Wonder if this is the old place with the new owners.

r. burgen

FYI only  seen on Craigslist

On Nov 20, 2020, at 9:04 AM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

r. burgen

r. burgen

FYI only   (I call it "market research" as I’m not looking to buy or sell)

155D  (for some reason... I think the "D" stands for Deere)

:))BOB