Topics

Front End Loader ID? Yanmar YM1401D

OneAcre

All.....

Does anyone know thr manufacturer of my FEL? I'm trying to find an owner's manual.

.....OneAcre

Winston Linda Maberry

Never have seen one like that.

KC2GIU

At first glance, it looks like a CLONE of the Yanmar SA424 tractor with the Yanmar YL210 loader.  BUT, the lift arms have all those HOLES.  Maybe the loader is from the Yanmar SA series, but the arms had to be much longer for your machine?   The image looks to be from the 1970s in photo resolution.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVO_Ca74bGM

Even the DIY site with Yanmars shows similar construction
https://www.backhoeplans.com/backhoes-loaders-photo-gallery/s/Yanmar/p/2

I've never seen arms with holes like that before.  It is the strangest thing.

Steve

OneAcre

After a lot of looking, I was able to find a similar one on a 1500:
https://www.forsale.plus/listing/yanmar-1500-front-end-loader-tractor-6-500-morganton-f870626e67d143031c17516e5312f5b601

Mine looks almost factory... The forward frame struts are bolted to an added plate that's painted the same green as the rest of the frame. Someone on another forum thought it might be Vietnamese.

The side plates on mine are about 1" thick and appear to be made of high strength steel. Ive worked it pretty hard and haven't noticed any sideways deflection. The bucket has a quick attach bracket similar to a skid steer.

OneAcre

Winston Linda Maberry

Sure looks like the same manufacturer. Both have that single middle cylinder on the dump. Coldwater loaders have the one cylinder dump but don't have those holy arms.

KC2GIU

OneAcre,

Here's something to try.  Reach out to the seller with the other hole-ie lift loader and ask if they know of the brand on the machine.  And then ask about any manuals or documentation for it.  It's worth a shot to just inquire.  :)

I'm amazed you had even found another one like it.  We are all curious now. :)

Steve

KC2GIU

Once this link is picked, you can sent a message to the seller.

https://www.shoppok.com/hickory/a,50,198014,Yanmar-1500-Front-End-Loader-Tractor----6-500--Morganton-.htm

That YM1500D with FEL is at a fair price, even with the off red and Armor-all to make the rice tires shine.

r. burgen

Holy loader frame, Batman!
image1.gif
:))BOB

On Dec 22, 2020, at 12:22 PM, Winston Linda Maberry <mabe1945@...> wrote:

Sure looks like the same manufacturer. Both have that single middle cylinder on the dump. Coldwater loaders have the one cylinder dump but don't have those holy arms.

OneAcre

KC2GIU.....
Sorry about the grainy photo, it was the only one I had handy. That was a good idea about reaching out to the seller,  I just emailed him.

:))BOB.....
I like the animation. The lightening holes are one of my favorite things about this tractor. Definitely one of a kind. The concept however, is not. A lot of manufacturers use the technique to save weight while maintaining  strength. Doing an image search gets the creative juices flowing!

.....OneAcre

r. burgen

Actually, the GIF I found was the only *small* FEL w/holes in my image searches. 1" plate is heavy so the holes are a good idea to increase load capacity. That lift cylinder looks kinda on the small side...
:))BOB

On Dec 22, 2020, at 4:04 PM, OneAcre <francisforge@...> wrote:

KC2GIU.....
Sorry about the grainy photo, it was the only one I had handy. That was a good idea about reaching out to the seller,  I just emailed him.

I like the animation. The lightening holes are one of my favorite things about this tractor. Definitely one of a kind. The concept however, is not. A lot of manufacturers use the technique to save weight while maintaining  strength. Doing an image search gets the creative juices flowing!

.....OneAcre

KC2GIU

OneAcre,

Great, hope the the seller responds with positive news.  Otherwise, we are all in the dark on your mystery loader maker.

I had posted the Yanmar Tool Box recently.  This too was a mystery for about 4 years until this past week finding it.  Other forums made mention, but nobody had any images to share.   Your loader is rare too.  BTW, did you take note of the town in NC this tractor is being sold?  Maybe jump on CL and do a little YANMAR term searching to see if others machines in the area are being sold with that style of loader.  Then track down the gray market refurbisher in that area.  Winston gave a bit of a hint towards that when he mentioned Coldwater.

Steve