Topics

Have an F20d and wondered if there were any manuals out there for this model #yanmar

Wilhelm Derner

Hi. I am in the UK and known as Wil Bear. I have an F20d and wondered if there were any manuals out there for this model?
I have not had it long and traded in a Kubota B6000 for it. It has gone back with a problem on the front loader (Stops working after 30 minutes, but recovers once cold) I am pretty sure the trader will put it right, Once he has I will post his website. He does sell about 100 units in the UK each year and has access to most parts. Not certain if I can post a photo on here? if I can I will
put one up when it comes back.

Thanks for having me.

On Wednesday, 17 March 2021, 00:22:48 GMT, Scotty <roger@...> wrote:

Well, I think that's a good offer but for me it sort of depends on what they are. I suggest lets wait & see what you get,
Hmmm... nice offer....but....

Shaeffer, Hoye, & Fredericks have all done a lot of good for the old time Yanmar hobbyists. Let's hold on  a minute.

If this literature is is something that the seller has put a lot of time into writing or effort putting together then I think he should get to be the exclusive seller. Or at least recover a nice profit for doing the repro. & making it available.

However, if they are just digital copies of Yanmar literature, then that is something that is probably public domain* by now. And it is also exactly the kind of thing that all of us have been sharing on this and other previous web sites for decades now.

But that's just my own opinion, anyone else?

*public domain is an interesting subject, I know little about how it applies to shop manuals, but a lot about how it applies to patents.

rScotty

On Mar 16, 2021, at 2:26 PM, Jhwarrior6@... wrote:

Scotty/Steve,

I would be happy to scan in the manuals i get for the 165d if they are legit.

--
Jim H.
YM165D

--
Wil Bear.

KC2GIU

Wilhelm,

Welcome.   And you are not the first person to trade a Kubota in for a Yanmar. :)

For the F-FX Series machines, we have a wide gap from the F-FX8 to the F-FX145 for manuals.  Why?  Because it's a Yanmar Super Forte version.

Now, don't give up hope just yet.  Your machine has the Yanmar 3TN82 engine.  Our group has ENGINE Manuals too!

Look for this one one the main site.  Left column at the bottom click on the WIKI.  Next click on RESOURCE PAGE and look for manuals near the top  ...
YANMAR JOHN DEERE ENGINE 3TN 4TN SERVICE MANUAL CTM3.pdf

Steve

A Fredricks UTDA restored version.  They do have the manuals there for a price.
https://fredricksequipment.com/contact-us/

KC2GIU

Will,

Your name looks German.  So, the only manual I did find is in GERMAN. :)

Check out the website.  They do offer it in English.  They have a UK office too.

Steve

Wilhelm Derner

Hi.

My grandmother was Russian, my Grandfather was German my Mother Bristish and my father was Polish. But unfortunately, I don't speak any of those languages. I f you let me know what company in the UK sells these manuals I would be very grateful.
for sorting it. Cheers Wil

On Friday, 19 March 2021, 00:57:01 GMT, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Will,

Your name looks German.  So, the only manual I did find is in GERMAN. :)

Check out the website.  They do offer it in English.  They have a UK office too.

Steve

--
Wil Bear.

KC2GIU

Wil,

Look at the images and go to the websites listed at the bottom of one of them.

Steve

Wilhelm Derner

Sorry, Steve.

I must be a bit thick?
I have no idea how to find any photos or links to click on.
Any chance of a lesson or a link, please?

Wil

On Friday, 19 March 2021, 10:45:45 GMT, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Wil,

Look at the images and go to the websites listed at the bottom of one of them.

Steve

--
Wil Bear.

toogzweire@...

Hi WIl,

Sorry to bud in here- here's the link https://www.yenibiz.co.uk/manuals/yanmar.html (mentioned at the bottom of the manual).

Btw, I have F175 and bought a French "manual" in France...: do not buy it.

Wilhelm Derner

Thank you.