locked sticky Our new Yanmar RESOURCE Page


BMaverick
 

Yanmar Folks,
 
Progress is being made for storage space to retain our FILES, PHOTOS, DOCUMENTS and RESOURCES.
 
This is located on our GroupsIO page, on the left side column, at the very bottom called Wiki
 
Next, just click on the 

Yanmar Tractor Owners Group - RESOURCE Page
 
Our Wiki page offers a robust method to link into other storage places on the web. 
 
The Yanmar Manuals link is already working. 
 
The Hoye Technical Articles and Knowledge Base links are working. 
 
In the past 2 months, evaluating FREE document storage sites and how the user interfaces work with each, the FLIPDrive solution became the hands down choice winner.
When this becomes available, a second follow-up message will provide a notification. 

BMaverick

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.


BMaverick
 

Yanmar Folks,

Great news!   Finally since the Yahoo closure, migration and now data transfers, we are more than 80% back on our feet here with the community data.

As the original posting stated, check out our WiKi RESOURCE page. 
Here's a quick shortcut: 
https://yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io/g/main/wiki/Yanmar-Tractor-Owners-Group---RESOURCE-Page

PLEASE checkout the great stuff we now have back on-line and much more ADDITIONAL documentation as well.

More to follow with fresh and updated RESOURCES soon.

BMaverick
 
--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.


BMaverick
 

Yanmar Folks,

With many of us stuck-at-home, please check-out our RESOURCES page. 

https://yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io/g/main/wiki/Yanmar-Tractor-Owners-Group---RESOURCE-Page

AND, please identify YOUR Yanmar tractor photo album.  While most of them were transferred over, there was no ability to link the albums to a user ID on Yahoo. 

The PHOTO ALBUMS were a combined effort of the 3 Yanmar groups too.  See our machines in action or play or gardening or just tinkering or mods like adding a TURBO. 
Adding a turbo you say, no way.  However, Yanmar made a few of the engine types with and without turbos.  Nothing beats a diesel with a deep turbo sound of power.

BMaverick

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.


BMaverick
 

Yanmar Folks,

Just to get the information out to our community, the RESOURCE page now has a YANMAR SPECIFICATIONS section.  This is for tire selection helps, oils, tire ballast adding and much more.

NOW, reaching out to YOU the community.  Does anyone have Yanmar items of interest to ADD?  When replying as a yes, I'll reconnect with you directly to work on getting items uploaded.

Thanks!

BMaverick


--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.


BMaverick
 

Folks,
 
Additional updates to our Resource page
 
YANMAR GRAY MARKET US DEALERS
 
ATTACHMENTS AND IMPLEMENTS
 
With our old Yahoo Group, there was a LINKS page with many of the RESOURCES listed. 
GroupsIO uses a Wiki page that does the same thing, yet very customizable for other things as well.
 
One more RESOURCE to go to be back up and better than ever;  A parts supply listing.  It's the most valuable in the time when our machines are down.

We have some members here who have been with us for years as parts suppliers.  I'll like to have their info in the listings as well.

BMaverick 
--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.


BMaverick
 

Our RESOURCE Wiki page.
 
Question to our community, Is this page handy?  Is it too cluttered?  Do things need to be on another Wiki page to prevent so much scrolling? 
 
ALSO, much of the content is aimed at the USA.  I do know there are EU and AU gray market dealers and parts suppliers.  However, I'm blinded by the fact of who is dependable and reliable.  Folks, if you are in these regions, please speak up of who to add.
 
We are a great dynamic group from across the globe.  Yanmar exports are literally EVERYWHERE.  I'm just one tiny dot on a map.
 
Has anyone tried the storage location for the community?  How is it working for you?  I tried at least 4 other sites, but they were complicated or littered with ads.

Again, our website is: https://yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io  do visit.  The site has much more to offer now over the old Yahoo days.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.


BMaverick
 

Yanmar Community,

Additional updates to our Resource page of the following:
 
PARTS FOR OLDER USA YANMAR MODELS, GRAY MARKET AND JOHN DEERE SIBLINGS
Most listing here allow for local parts pickup.  Please call first in this covid19 era.

Note:  The listing isn't inclusive of all suppliers.  Should you know of a parts supplier missing on this list for Yanmar machines, please respond.

Thanks much!

BMaverick

 
--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.


KC2GIU
 

Added another Yanmar refurbisher in Washington state to the Wiki RESOURCE page,
JJ RIGGS EQUIPMENT, Est 1978 near Spokane.  
 
These are debaged and branded as YNM and the model number.  They do come with a powertrain warranty.  Includes foldable ROPs and safety equipped hardware.  On site, they have a service shop with an experienced diesel mechanic. 

They also offer gray Mitsubishi machines as well.

Nearly all of their machines are 4WD and most with loaders.  Prices seem better than others overall. https://www.jjriggsequipment.com/shop


Scotty
 

Always glad to see another Yanmar shop.
One thing that does bother me is why does that dealer inflate the HP numbers on the website? Is advertising exaggeration so common in everything these days that it has completely replaced manufacturer's specs? And why? 
That practice makes me uncomfortable.
rScotty

On Aug 8, 2020, at 2:41 PM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Added another Yanmar refurbisher in Washington state to the Wiki RESOURCE page,
JJ RIGGS EQUIPMENT, Est 1978 near Spokane.  
 
These are debaged and branded as YNM and the model number.  They do come with a powertrain warranty.  Includes foldable ROPs and safety equipped hardware.  On site, they have a service shop with an experienced diesel mechanic. 

They also offer gray Mitsubishi machines as well.

Nearly all of their machines are 4WD and most with loaders.  Prices seem better than others overall. https://www.jjriggsequipment.com/shop



r. burgen
 

How did you learn he was near Spokane?
I couldn’t find location info on his website.
:))BOB

On Aug 9, 2020, at 9:30 AM, Scotty <roger@...> wrote:

Always glad to see another Yanmar shop.
One thing that does bother me is why does that dealer inflate the HP numbers on the website? Is advertising exaggeration so common in everything these days that it has completely replaced manufacturer's specs? And why? 
That practice makes me uncomfortable.
rScotty

On Aug 8, 2020, at 2:41 PM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Added another Yanmar refurbisher in Washington state to the Wiki RESOURCE page,
JJ RIGGS EQUIPMENT, Est 1978 near Spokane.  
 
These are debaged and branded as YNM and the model number.  They do come with a powertrain warranty.  Includes foldable ROPs and safety equipped hardware.  On site, they have a service shop with an experienced diesel mechanic. 

They also offer gray Mitsubishi machines as well.

Nearly all of their machines are 4WD and most with loaders.  Prices seem better than others overall. https://www.jjriggsequipment.com/shop



KC2GIU
 

Simple.  I called the number. :-)

Got some family out in the Spokane-WA area.  They asked about getting a gray YM machine like mine.  So, I poked around and found this place.  Now, they have 2 sources out their way.  JJ Riggs Equipment and TractorCO.    The JJ Riggs Equipment is family owned.  The family also owns a greenhouse construction site, small for home owners and large for commercial growers.  They have their own YM machines to aid in the construction of the greenhouse sites. 

Other than the UTDA dealers in the southeast US, and one in MN, there isn't much else across the country.  With the compact tractor market still in it's 2nd decade of growth, then this covid19 ordeal, it has fueled even more interest for machines.  IF someone wanted to venture into being a UTDA dealer in their area, Fredricks is looking for you.   Should I ever consider doing this, it would be in TN out in a rural town with a TSC next door. :-)  The YM US model machines at one time for about 3 years were sold directly out of the TSC stores.  I once had a paper flyer on it that came in the mail soooo many years ago, but it had gotten lost in all the moves. 


KC2GIU
 

Scotty,

Even with the previous gray market dealers over the decades, they too inflated the Hp numbers.  Some took the Hp of the engine and others the lesser Hp of the PTO output.

From what I was told, if a person had a YM1700, then the Hp would be 17.  The first 2-digits of the model were the Hp rating.  Looking at the various tractor offerings of the YM series, that wasn't always the case.  And without data spec sheets for each model, it's anybodies guess really.  Sure we have 'some' data spec sheets for the parts manuals on hand via our wiki RESOURCE page to the BOX Storage, but noting more.

It would be super to have at least the data spec pages scanned and retained with the community here.  This way folks can literally see the numbers even if the text is in Japanese. 

Steve


Scotty
 

Yes, I agree that gray market dealers have traditionally inflated the HP numbers. I would like to be charitable, but to my mind just because someone else does something dumb isn't a reason or an excuse. Worse, it leads to problems that could have easily been avoided. The tractor doesn't care.

I've got quite a bit of Yanmar's own literature, and even in their own wild advertising claims they stick with the HP as being the first two model digit numbers. Just as you say. 
Don't you figure that kind of simple HP/model correlation is pretty common knowledge among just about everyone looking to buy a gray market tractor? So a dealer has to expect that the person coming to his shop knows a YM2820 is a 28 hp tractor.

Here's the problem: 
When a dealer tells me that 2820 is a 33 hp tractor he puts me in a difficult spot. It's a place we didn't have to go, but now it becomes real important to me as a buyer. It's important because now I have to figure out whether he really is that dumb or whether he thinks I am. 

Because if it is him who is being that dumb, I sure don't want to buy a tractor that he has been working on or has had anything to do with. If he can't read numbers, what are the chances he got the mechanical part right?

Or if he isn't that dumb but thinks I am, what else is he willing to lie to me about??
  
Either way, exaggeration is creating a problem that could have just as easily been avoided. 
WHY?? Why do that?
Yanmars are really, really good tractors. Used & refurbished ones compare favorably with many of the best new tractors today. There's no point in exaggeration.
rScotty


On Aug 9, 2020, at 11:33 AM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Scotty,

Even with the previous gray market dealers over the decades, they too inflated the Hp numbers.  Some took the Hp of the engine and others the lesser Hp of the PTO output.

From what I was told, if a person had a YM1700, then the Hp would be 17.  The first 2-digits of the model were the Hp rating.  Looking at the various tractor offerings of the YM series, that wasn't always the case.  And without data spec sheets for each model, it's anybodies guess really.  Sure we have 'some' data spec sheets for the parts manuals on hand via our wiki RESOURCE page to the BOX Storage, but noting more.

It would be super to have at least the data spec pages scanned and retained with the community here.  This way folks can literally see the numbers even if the text is in Japanese. 

Steve


Ronald Kelner
 


Gentleman:

Reading your emails you are stating the first two numbers of the Yanmar tractor model number is the HP rating. Is this the Engine HP rating or the PTO HP rating? From what I read in your emails it is the former.

The reason I ask, is the user manual for my YM2210D lists the PTO HP rating as 22 and the Engine HP rating as 27, though I've seen the latter listed on the Hoye site as 26.5 HP.

Hence, is my 2210D Not a gray market tractor since its model numbers denote PTO HP and Not HP rating?

Thanx!

Ronald



On Sunday, August 9, 2020, 04:08:36 PM CDT, Scotty <roger@...> wrote:


Yes, I agree that gray market dealers have traditionally inflated the HP numbers. I would like to be charitable, but to my mind just because someone else does something dumb isn't a reason or an excuse. Worse, it leads to problems that could have easily been avoided. The tractor doesn't care.

I've got quite a bit of Yanmar's own literature, and even in their own wild advertising claims they ck with the HP as being the first two model digit numbers. Just as you say. 
Don't you figure that kind of simple HP/model correlation is pretty common knowledge among just about everyone looking to buy a gray market tractor? So a dealer has to expect that the person coming to his shop knows a YM2820 is a 28 hp tractor.

Here's the problem: 
When a dealer tells me that 2820 is a 33 hp tractor he puts me in a difficult spot. It's a place we didn't have to go, but now it becomes real important to me as a buyer. It's important because now I have to figure out whether he really is that dumb or whether he thinks I am. 

Because if it is him who is being that dumb, I sure don't want to buy a tractor that he has been working on or has had anything to do with. If he can't read numbers, what are the chances he got the mechanical part right?

Or if he isn't that dumb but thinks I am, what else is he willing to lie to me about??
  
Either way, exaggeration is creating a problem that could have just as easily been avoided. 
WHY?? Why do that?
Yanmars are really, really good tractors. Used & refurbished ones compare favorably with many of the best new tractors today. There's no point in exaggeration.
rScotty


On Aug 9, 2020, at 11:33 AM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Scotty,

Even with the previous gray market dealers over the decades, they too inflated the Hp numbers.  Some took the Hp of the engine and others the lesser Hp of the PTO output.

From what I was told, if a person had a YM1700, then the Hp would be 17.  The first 2-digits of the model were the Hp rating.  Looking at the various tractor offerings of the YM series, that wasn't always the case.  And without data spec sheets for each model, it's anybodies guess really.  Sure we have 'some' data spec sheets for the parts manuals on hand via our wiki RESOURCE page to the BOX Storage, but noting more.

It would be super to have at least the data spec pages scanned and retained with the community here.  This way folks can literally see the numbers even if the text is in Japanese. 

Steve


Bubba Randall
 

I was told by the dealer who sold me my YM2610 told me to add 3 to the first set of numbers to get the tractors HP. Therefore I have a 29 HP tractor at the PTO. 

Allen (Bubba) Randall 
bubbarre@...
(225) 603-1035
American Foundation for Suicide Prevention 
Louisiana Chapter Board Chair
Healing Conversations Program Coordinator 
Greater Baton Rouge Area OOTD Walk Co-Chair 
https://afsp.org            # “For You, I Will" 

In honor of my son Jessie, I will be fundraising through December 31 for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Click on the link below to read my story and to donate. Thank you in advance. 


On Aug 9, 2020, at 9:41 PM, Ronald Kelner via groups.io <ron_kelner@...> wrote:



Gentleman:

Reading your emails you are stating the first two numbers of the Yanmar tractor model number is the HP rating. Is this the Engine HP rating or the PTO HP rating? From what I read in your emails it is the former.

The reason I ask, is the user manual for my YM2210D lists the PTO HP rating as 22 and the Engine HP rating as 27, though I've seen the latter listed on the Hoye site as 26.5 HP.

Hence, is my 2210D Not a gray market tractor since its model numbers denote PTO HP and Not HP rating?

Thanx!

Ronald



On Sunday, August 9, 2020, 04:08:36 PM CDT, Scotty <roger@...> wrote:


Yes, I agree that gray market dealers have traditionally inflated the HP numbers. I would like to be charitable, but to my mind just because someone else does something dumb isn't a reason or an excuse. Worse, it leads to problems that could have easily been avoided. The tractor doesn't care.

I've got quite a bit of Yanmar's own literature, and even in their own wild advertising claims they ck with the HP as being the first two model digit numbers. Just as you say. 
Don't you figure that kind of simple HP/model correlation is pretty common knowledge among just about everyone looking to buy a gray market tractor? So a dealer has to expect that the person coming to his shop knows a YM2820 is a 28 hp tractor.

Here's the problem: 
When a dealer tells me that 2820 is a 33 hp tractor he puts me in a difficult spot. It's a place we didn't have to go, but now it becomes real important to me as a buyer. It's important because now I have to figure out whether he really is that dumb or whether he thinks I am. 

Because if it is him who is being that dumb, I sure don't want to buy a tractor that he has been working on or has had anything to do with. If he can't read numbers, what are the chances he got the mechanical part right?

Or if he isn't that dumb but thinks I am, what else is he willing to lie to me about??
  
Either way, exaggeration is creating a problem that could have just as easily been avoided. 
WHY?? Why do that?
Yanmars are really, really good tractors. Used & refurbished ones compare favorably with many of the best new tractors today. There's no point in exaggeration.
rScotty


On Aug 9, 2020, at 11:33 AM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Scotty,

Even with the previous gray market dealers over the decades, they too inflated the Hp numbers.  Some took the Hp of the engine and others the lesser Hp of the PTO output.

From what I was told, if a person had a YM1700, then the Hp would be 17.  The first 2-digits of the model were the Hp rating.  Looking at the various tractor offerings of the YM series, that wasn't always the case.  And without data spec sheets for each model, it's anybodies guess really.  Sure we have 'some' data spec sheets for the parts manuals on hand via our wiki RESOURCE page to the BOX Storage, but noting more.

It would be super to have at least the data spec pages scanned and retained with the community here.  This way folks can literally see the numbers even if the text is in Japanese. 

Steve


Winston Linda Maberry
 
Edited

The old U.S. sold  Yanmars model number indicated engine hp, The grey market Yanmars model  number indicates pto hp. Why that was done I have no idea. Well yes, I really do have an idea. The U.S. tractors just normally use engine hp as the norm when referring to hp.  


Scotty
 

Well that's interesting. Is that an OEM user manual from Yanmar? If so, it would be the first instance I've seen of the model number and HP being displayed that way. 
rScotty



On Aug 9, 2020, at 8:40 PM, Ronald Kelner via groups.io <ron_kelner@...> wrote:


Gentleman:

Reading your emails you are stating the first two numbers of the Yanmar tractor model number is the HP rating. Is this the Engine HP rating or the PTO HP rating? From what I read in your emails it is the former.

The reason I ask, is the user manual for my YM2210D lists the PTO HP rating as 22 and the Engine HP rating as 27, though I've seen the latter listed on the Hoye site as 26.5 HP.

Hence, is my 2210D Not a gray market tractor since its model numbers denote PTO HP and Not HP rating?

Thanx!

Ronald



On Sunday, August 9, 2020, 04:08:36 PM CDT, Scotty <roger@...> wrote:


Yes, I agree that gray market dealers have traditionally inflated the HP numbers. I would like to be charitable, but to my mind just because someone else does something dumb isn't a reason or an excuse. Worse, it leads to problems that could have easily been avoided. The tractor doesn't care.

I've got quite a bit of Yanmar's own literature, and even in their own wild advertising claims they ck with the HP as being the first two model digit numbers. Just as you say. 
Don't you figure that kind of simple HP/model correlation is pretty common knowledge among just about everyone looking to buy a gray market tractor? So a dealer has to expect that the person coming to his shop knows a YM2820 is a 28 hp tractor.

Here's the problem: 
When a dealer tells me that 2820 is a 33 hp tractor he puts me in a difficult spot. It's a place we didn't have to go, but now it becomes real important to me as a buyer. It's important because now I have to figure out whether he really is that dumb or whether he thinks I am. 

Because if it is him who is being that dumb, I sure don't want to buy a tractor that he has been working on or has had anything to do with. If he can't read numbers, what are the chances he got the mechanical part right?

Or if he isn't that dumb but thinks I am, what else is he willing to lie to me about??
  
Either way, exaggeration is creating a problem that could have just as easily been avoided. 
WHY?? Why do that?
Yanmars are really, really good tractors. Used & refurbished ones compare favorably with many of the best new tractors today. There's no point in exaggeration.
rScotty


On Aug 9, 2020, at 11:33 AM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Scotty,

Even with the previous gray market dealers over the decades, they too inflated the Hp numbers.  Some took the Hp of the engine and others the lesser Hp of the PTO output.

From what I was told, if a person had a YM1700, then the Hp would be 17.  The first 2-digits of the model were the Hp rating.  Looking at the various tractor offerings of the YM series, that wasn't always the case.  And without data spec sheets for each model, it's anybodies guess really.  Sure we have 'some' data spec sheets for the parts manuals on hand via our wiki RESOURCE page to the BOX Storage, but noting more.

It would be super to have at least the data spec pages scanned and retained with the community here.  This way folks can literally see the numbers even if the text is in Japanese. 

Steve



Scotty
 

Well, that's interesting Winston, and would explain everything. 
I have plenty of examples of what we are both saying about hp in the US tractors from my old Yanmar literature. At the time, measuring by engine hp matched the literature on their small marine engines as to displacement and HP. 
Can you post or send me some literature from Yanmar on their grey market models? 

I'm going by literature and some old Yanmar tech school notes I have. I have never actually put a Yanmar on an engine stand and run it to measure torque @rpm like they do in the Nebraska tests. It would be interesting to look up and see if any of the Yanmars - or Yanmar engined JDs - have been tested at the Univ. of Nebraska. 
Anyone know? 
rScotty

  

On Aug 10, 2020, at 4:23 AM, Winston Linda Maberry <mabe1945@...> wrote:

The old U.S. Yanmars model number indicated engine hp, The grey market Yanmars model  number indicates pto hp. Why that was done I have no idea. 


Winston Linda Maberry
 
Edited

The American sold were tested in the Nebraska tests. No idea about tests on the grey market.  Here is the 240 test results. http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/002/4/0/2400-yanmar-ym240-tests.html

The grey market parts manuals do show the pto hp. 


Ronald Kelner
 



Thanx Winston! So I have a grey market Yanmar tractor.




On Monday, August 10, 2020, 05:24:27 AM CDT, Winston Linda Maberry <mabe1945@...> wrote:


[Edited Message Follows]

The old U.S. sold  Yanmars model number indicated engine hp, The grey market Yanmars model  number indicates pto hp. Why that was done I have no idea.