Topics

Putting a front blade on my YM1500D

James Morgan

Does anybody have or has put a front blade on these little tractors and how did they work.

KC2GIU

JMorgan,

Welcome. :)

Yes, there are a few examples out there I've looked at.  Ideally, 4WD is best suited for this.

Here is a YM1401D going at it with ease.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YUoZPptB0Y

A YM1610D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc7xs_5cFnI

You have about 3 options.

1. A blade on the FEL (Front End Loader)

2. A blade using front hydraulics

3. A blade using electrical linear ball-screw lift (mostly ATVs, SCUT, CUT, and lawn tractors)

Cost wise, for snow work and just simple grading the gravel on the driveway, option 3 works really well.

Swisher makes a very nice adaptable front plow blade for ATUs, UTVs, and compact tractors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uGlV-O1JeI

John Deere has a few options too as these do fit Yanmar machines. :)

These here are Yanmar OE solutions.

Steve

KC2GIU

JMorgan,

Additionally, much like the Swisher product, ZIZ Engineering in the EU has a similar setup.

Steve

J Z

Google " front PTO" There are kits to do it. Have not researched it but sounds good to me.

On Tuesday, March 9, 2021, 09:25:21 PM CST, James Morgan via groups.io <jmorgan48now@...> wrote:

just wondering if anybody has any ideas about putting a front blade on this tractor. any info or thoughts will be appreciated, thanks.

Winston Linda Maberry

Kim Ryder

Pretty cool—literally!