Topics

So what did you accomplish today? #OT

KC2GIU

I'll start this off with, brush mowed 4 acres in the 92F hot sun.  Canopy on the tractor (huge golf umbrella) kept flopping around. Had to get back to the garage for another bungee cord.  Later when it was much cooler with cloud cover, picked 1 bushel of green beans. Daughter picked 3 quarts of black mulberries before the birds finish them off.  She hates my flimsy 6ft ladder too.

Re-lubed the fittings on the Yanmar.  Tend to do this on holidays like Memorial day, July 4th and Labor day in the summer.  With no power steering, doing the re-lube does help.

We just entered July.  After the 4th starts canning season. Wife and I will be busy then.

KC2GIU

In an odd twist, caught 4 youngster rabbits on a hot day out in the field.  These little guys could run more than 8 to 12 feet without stopping to pant pant pant.  Neighbor raises rabbits, took them over to him.  He was happy with them, go them water and food.

Need to mow with the Yanmar a little today.  Even with the sunshade, it will be hot.   A little rain predicted, but not holding the breath on that.  The nearby river is still at a good level, thus no drought issues .... yet.

WI must be doing something right. covid cases still steady, but deaths are now super low in the single digits.  When established treatments and procedures become common practice, the survival rates will increase.  Many without masks up this way, nobody seems worried anymore.  Heard it's the same in KS too. Higher rate of people beating this thing in the summer months.  This is really good before the Fall gets here.

BMaverick

6 hours of fencing and then mowed for 2 hours.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

gyancey52

I filled an old Kowi pond hole using my fel, put said pond liner out for pickup and mowed the yard.  Temp today 100.   It rained this evening, thank the good Lord, cooling things down a bit.
Gary

6 hours of fencing and then mowed for 2 hours.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

BMaverick

With the rear 3PT and the mower deck, I raised it to the max, and trimmed over hanging branches on the fence line.  For some that were just too high and drooping down, I had to literally climb the mower, the 3PT and then sit atop the ROPs bar to trim with the saw-zaw.

All looks great now and the next time mowing, I can roll thru the area without ducking so much.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

KC2GIU

Spent the last few days making additional make-shift hoop barns to store hay.  It seems we are in for a hard winter.  Birds already migrating too soon, leaves already turning and dropping, gardens already showing a end of season effect.  We are not even into September yet.  Then there is rumors of the USD either collapse or hyper inflation.  Best to get things now.  Lumber prices have doubled in the past 2 weeks too.  And if you can find T1-11 shiplap outdoor panels, good luck!

BMaverick

Spent a good part of the day picking and storing 1,700 tomatoes.  Still got more to do.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

BMaverick

Over the past weekend, got the 4X6 trailer operational for the Yanmar to pull around now.  I'm very pleased how it turned out with FREE hardware and elbow grease work getting it ready.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

Winston Linda Maberry

How do you store 1700 tomatoes??

Scotty

I've got an old 4x6 trailer too. Wonderful thing and doing a full rebuild it is in our future.
All the metal parts are good. It looks like it was originally made from the front end of an old Ford model A or T.
rScotty

On Sep 10, 2020, at 9:33 PM, BMaverick <bmaverick@...> wrote:

Over the past weekend, got the 4X6 trailer operational for the Yanmar to pull around now.  I'm very pleased how it turned out with FREE hardware and elbow grease work getting it ready.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

BMaverick

Carefully. :-)

Canned some as salsa, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, soup, tomato water (juice), pasta/pizza sauce, and the like.  Also did some in 1-gallon freezer bags.  Dehydrated a bunch too.  This is about 1/3rd of a harvest.  Still picking them.   We ran out of cilantro, so no more salsa making.  Got plenty of peppers.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

BMaverick

Scotty,

IF there is time, I'll post a pix on the Tractorforum.com site.  I have a work-thread there for this trailer.   Just so much going on before the frost comes.  Getting the harvest in can be demanding.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

gyancey52

I'm waiting delivery of my new paranaha toothbar that is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.  So today I drained and flushed my hot water heater and then replaced the resin in my water softener.  The hardest part was getting the resin tank and the salt out of the salt tank.  I was able to get the resin tank out by myself and then my neighbor helped dump the salt.  The salt had turned to stone, there's a term for that but I can't remember what it is.  Breaking that up was fun.  It's all working like new, saved myself the difference between a new unit and the cost of new resin and my labor of course.  I also realized I am not as young as I use to be.  LOL.

IF there is time, I'll post a pix on the Tractorforum.com site.  I have a work-thread there for this trailer.   Just so much going on before the frost comes.  Getting the harvest in can be demanding.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

gyancey52

Image

Image

Image

Image

Here is my new weapon of mass destruction, at least as far as Texas cedar trees are concerned, I hope.  Will provide additional photos once it is attached.  Supposed to rain all next week so it may be a few days.Image

[...]

r. burgen

That's one mean looking bench!
:))BOB

On Sep 13, 2020, at 1:03 PM, gyancey52 <gwyancey52@...> wrote:

<20200913_124835.jpg>

<20200913_124916.jpg>

<20200913_124927.jpg>

<20200913_124937.jpg>

Here is my new weapon of mass destruction, at least as far as Texas cedar trees are concerned, I hope.  Will provide additional photos once it is attached.  Supposed to rain all next week so it may be a few days.<20200913_124949.jpg>

[...]

It's a new weight loss program.

[...]

Here is is attached to the bucket.  Now I can finally start using my tractor for what I bought it for.Image

Image

[...]

It's much harder installing on an old loader.  There was a raised spot right where one of the mounting tabs happened to be so the bar wouldn't fit right. I tried a large hammer and only managed to make a lot of noise, so out came the torch and after a few minor adjustments it fits like a glove, maybe not that good but good enough for government work.

[...]

Looking really good.  It makes the Yanmar into a Gator toothed machine.
--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

r. burgen

>Now I can finally start using my tractor for what I bought it for.

Scaring trick or treaters on Halloween?
It sure scares me....
:))BOB

So, watcha gonna do with it?