Topics

Wiki Resource Page Feedback topics

Winston Linda Maberry

Couldn't reply under your post about the operation manual for the F series tractors. I looked the manual over but don't think it is going to do many of us any good unless you can read Japanese.

KC2GIU

Winston,

Thanks for the feedback.  That message thread is setup for notifications only.  Anyone replying would get a bounced email.  It was open at one time, but it started to go to a rabbit hole quickly.

Now, there are 2 types of PDF manuals.
1- Scanned image based PDF.  Thus, one would need to know Japanese to figure out.
2- Printed from a text based software to PDF.  These can be highlighted, copy and paste into a translator like Bing or Google for entire pages, sections or just a few words into a person's native language.

Therefore, depending on the way these manuals are created, data can be obtained.   Even the safety images do help a bit. :-)

Recently, the YM1700 / YM2000 is 90% all English.  Someone took the long effort to literally translate that over.  With that in mind, common part numbers of the other YM manuals can be deciphered.  It's one of the so called Rosetta stones for our machines, just like the US YM 3-digit machines can be too. :-)

The recent YM2610 for the Spec data sheet and the electrical schematic were translated into English as well using several of the other Yanmar and Deere manuals as an aid.  The person also knows electrical schematics too.

Every little bit does help.  We have a global community here of Yanmar owners.

Steve

BMaverick

Yanmar community,

Just reaching out to see how many folks are pleased with our manuals section and if it's come in handy.

Are there manuals you would like us to keep a lookout for?

Our RESOURCE page is like the community motto in my signature below taken from the GeoCities/Yahoo days.  We want it to be a VALUABLE SOURCE to the community such as each and every one of you.

The membership keeps growing, we must be doing something right then. :-)

This titled thread is the one to reply when the updates go out.  Let us know your thoughts.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

john krieger

I would like to find one for the YM2700 this would be in Japanese but the drawings would help thanks

KC2GIU

John,

Oh, you do have a difficult one to hunt down.

YM2700 has the 2TR27 engine.  About the engine, it's the last of the 2-cly in the higher model number range from what can be determined.
Parts seem to be plentiful looking online.

Our records are real skimpy for this model.  Does it have the PowerShift or just gear.

Doing a search, the YM2200 with the 2TR22 comes up as well.  The 2 engines are related, being the 27 is just a longer stroke.

Until a YM2700 manual is found, reach out to Fredrick's for a copy of the OE Japan Parts List.   Or if a member may have something to share here.

Steve

Ronald Kelner

Great Job on manuals! Keep a look out for 2210 D manual.
Thanx for all your efforts!!!!!!

On Oct 31, 2020, at 8:57 PM, BMaverick <bmaverick@...> wrote:

Yanmar community,

Just reaching out to see how many folks are pleased with our manuals section and if it's come in handy.

Are there manuals you would like us to keep a lookout for?

Our RESOURCE page is like the community motto in my signature below taken from the GeoCities/Yahoo days.  We want it to be a VALUABLE SOURCE to the community such as each and every one of you.

The membership keeps growing, we must be doing something right then. :-)

This titled thread is the one to reply when the updates go out.  Let us know your thoughts.

--
Yanmar Tractor Owners Group.  A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.

KC2GIU

Ron,

With our vast community here, if each one of us kept an eye out for manuals, we would be in good shape.
There is a YM2310 Operating Manual in another EU language already snagged, but taking the time to translate could be about 8 hours to undertake.
In the wings, there are many F and FX Operating Manuals to translate too.

Look at this link, and pick the tab Návody Yanmar.  38-ish Operating Manuals are there.  Karl and his team made these.  I've been working on the F235 in English for a friend.  It has more than just the original translation.  I've pulled in more on this model form other sources too.  It will become available in a few days.

Your machine is somewhat similar to a JD650.  Just that the 2T90 is in your machine and the JD650 uses the 2T80.  Piston size in yours is 10mm larger in diameter.

What is the benefit of having a manual?  Easy, when things become worn out, we open the manual, find part numbers and place orders to our suppliers.

Steve

KC2GIU

Ron,

Forgot the link to all those eastern EU manuals. (face palm).

https://www.kpmalotraktory.eu/servis/navody-k-obsluze/

Just click on the Návody Yanmar tab.  The manuals will then displace below.

Anyone with time on their hands?  It would help greatly to pick one and to Google translate from Czech to English.  Save it to a RTF file or DOC file or PDF file then send to Group Owner: main+owner@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io

As I have the F235 done, it can be used as a template to speedily create the others when they are translated.

Why are these OPS manuals important?  Well, our tractors have Japanese writing on them and gauges that illuminate funny symbols.  It would hep us all with tractors that have displays and filters and belts and lights and levers and etc that are the same.

Steve

KC2GIU

In rare instances hard to find and lost manuals have surfaced.

There is a rumor of a CD/DVD with all of the manuals for the US Yanmar YM 3-digit machines.  It's the holy grail if found.

Searching the web turns up almost NOTHING for these Y00... documents.  However, today 2 were found for the very first time.
Oddly, one of them was the mystery of the YM195 and YM240 not even shown in the official Yanmar listing.  Yet, these are Yanmar publications.

Anyone have anything below in the list, please contact us at main+owner@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io to help out the community.

Winston Linda Maberry

I think you have attached several of these to the TractorForum.com.

KC2GIU

Yes, a bunch late last night.  These will hopefully be here for the community by the weekend. :)

On the hunt for the YM2200-YM2700 manuals and the YM276 Service Manual.

KC2GIU

Winston,

I beat the weekend.  They are here now and the additional rare Electrical Service Manual too for the US YM-Series.

WOW.

Hope the community buzzes with activity tonight.  This was the biggest undertaking yet.

Steve

r. burgen

VERY IMPRESSIVE WORK!

Steve, thank you so much for your perseverance and hard work to add all that great material to our library.

You sir, are a *Tractor Hacker* of the 1st Order!

I just downloaded the YM Electrical Manual.
It's a real winner!

Warmest Holiday Greetings to you and the membership.
:))BOB

On Dec 10, 2020, at 5:30 PM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Winston,

I beat the weekend.  They are here now and the additional rare Electrical Service Manual too for the US YM-Series.

WOW.

Hope the community buzzes with activity tonight.  This was the biggest undertaking yet.

Steve

KC2GIU

Bob,

We only went by info supplied by a member and ran with it on the Japan site.  It's like throwing our nets over the OTHER SIDE of the boat and it became so full.  We plan to fish there again, but we've exhausted our methods to bring other manuals up.  There has to be a way to list or figure out a pattern to it.  At present, it's pure random.

As for the YM Electrical Manual, another member of ours took the time to scan, format and place each page where it goes in a PDF.  About 63 pages worth.  It wasn't a quick task by any means. As a community, I bet the member is pleased to hear of your glowing report for their effort.

Glad our community lives up to our founding moto, A valuable source for owners of Yanmar tractors.
From our Main Page, The Fredricks fully restored machines in AL taken from the Yahoo Group site back in the day.

tomkat685@...

Awesome work on the manuals Steve.  This information will be helpful to many for years to come.
Thank you!

Scotty

Absolutely. It even makes a good detective story. Congrats!
rScotty

On Dec 11, 2020, at 5:54 PM, tomkat685 via groups.io <tomkat685@...> wrote:

Awesome work on the manuals Steve.  This information will be helpful to many for years to come.
Thank you!

KC2GIU

rScotty,

While searching for manuals, using the English word of Yanmar can place a person on 'fake' document manual sites that will scam for your credit card info.  There is just so many of them.  Most will have a web address with the CGI in the path.  I just plainly ignore those.

Using google, let's look for an easy one.  Type this in the search engine ...

ym240 ヤンマー filetype:pdf

ym240 is the machine
ヤンマー  is Yanmar or Yanma in Japanese
filetype:pdf forces google to only search for PDF files. (most of the time).

When searching on foreign websites, do use GHOSTERY and/or Privacy Badger in FireFox.  Japan websites LOVE pop-ups, glittering ads that dance across the screen and all sorts of wild ads.   Sometimes, we have to disable the Privacy Badger app on sites just to display the download icon to get a manual.

Last night, someone sent the YM1610(D) version to us.  I did find a YM1610(DGR)  These two are slightly different.  And both machines have made it to the USA and the EU.  The exporting companies from Japan don't focus much on details.  The DGR machine has additional options and capabilities. A bonus if you have one!

Adding to the search list is a YM186 Service Manual.  One of our rather long time members has a paper original, but it's gotten very frail and really worn out.  Even the binding is broken.

Steve

r. burgen

Color me impressed!
:))BOB

On Dec 12, 2020, at 9:12 AM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

[...]

Well, the Yanmar Japanese characters didn't show up in my email box, instead it was a bunch of junk format.  If anyone wants to use the Yanmar in Japanese, jump over to google translate, type in Yanmar on the left side for English and on the right side pick Japanese.  Then you can copy-n-paste to the search engine.

Steve

KC2GIU

Yanmar community,

An oddity was recently found in the YM176 Parts Manual.  It's not just 1 manual.  Hidden inside are the several other manuals!  Even the most rare one to date ... the YM2700  !!!   We have it !

I know recently there was much chatter with the YM2700 and the hydraulic suction pipe last month.

There there is the 2TR engine manual tucked in there too!

So, I'll be busy now with the PDF editor tools to un-join the triplets that are born together here.

What a discovery.

Steve