Topics

Yanmar Tiller POLL #poll-notice

KC2GIU

Taking a POLL on who has a Yanmar tiller.

This poll is to understand the models in use and how popular some models are.

After the poll, please respond with your Yanmar model.

If you have a manual for the tiller, please email the group owner.

main+owner@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io

Results

See Who Responded

jshelton5040

tomkat685@...

1401D

KD5INM

The tiller in these photos, havent looked to see what the model is.

KC2GIU

With the amount of members here, we should have more than just 4 people with a Yanmar tiller.  Often these are found at tractor or Ag auctions or in most of the time with the Yanmar tractor themselves.

Please chime in,

Steve

gyancey52

I would like to have a tiller but they are out of my budget.  I'm looking for a disc, which will do the same thing, just takes more passes and a lot cheaper or should be, but it seems anything farm/tractor related has skyrocketed in price lately. 

From: main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io <main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io> on behalf of KC2GIU <kc2giu@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 8:57:52 PM
To: main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io <main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: Yanmar Tiller POLL

With the amount of members here, we should have more than just 4 people with a Yanmar tiller.  Often these are found at tractor or Ag auctions or in most of the time with the Yanmar tractor themselves.

Please chime in,

Steve

Terry Smith

The guy I bought my Yanmar from has tillers...www.toughtractors.com

On Thursday, October 29, 2020, 8:52:20 PM PDT, gyancey52 <gwyancey52@...> wrote:

I would like to have a tiller but they are out of my budget.  I'm looking for a disc, which will do the same thing, just takes more passes and a lot cheaper or should be, but it seems anything farm/tractor related has skyrocketed in price lately. 

From: main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io <main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io> on behalf of KC2GIU <kc2giu@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2020 8:57:52 PM
To: main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io <main@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io>
Subject: Re: Yanmar Tiller POLL

Please chime in,

Steve

KC2GIU

Is TT still in business?  Their website has not been refreshed since 2018.  I'll have to give the number a call.  They do downplay the Yanmar as being offered, yet in the tractors available, about 50% are the Yanmars.

The tiller page with general prices are CHEAP.  I can't touch anything around here as the smallest model below $1,500.  If you think the pries jumped, you better get one at those $850 and $975 prices.

Steve

Winston Linda Maberry

RS1300N

Wallace Berry

I bought my YM2500 back around 1998 (from a John Deere dealer!). The deal included a new rotary cutter and a Yanmar tiller. The dealer said I had to take the tiller or he would raise the price. He said that most people did not want the tiller even if free. I cannot imagine why someone would not want a Yanmar tiller. That thing is a wonder and I wouldn’t want to do without. First time I used it, I tilled ground that had not been broken since the 1930’s. Took less than 10 minutes to till a 15 x 50 garden plot. Since then, its been used to break up ground for gardens, landscaping, wildlife food plots, etc. I even use it to break up ground so I can scoop it or grade. Leveled the building site for my house with the tiller and a box blade. The only regret I have regarding my tractor and tiller is that I didn’t buy the YM2310D that was sitting right next to my YM2500 for the same price.

W. Berry
Auburn, AL

KC2GIU

Yanmar Community, 

Just reviving this poll a little.  WHY?  Because at the present, we now have 27 Yanmar Tiller manuals in the queue to polish off and upload to the MANUALS section of our BOX Storage location. 

These are the present 3 in the poll. 
1300 (need the pre-fix letters if any) 
1401D (not sure if this was a tractor) 
RS-1300N

Steve