Topics

Yanmar YM Schematics REQUEST #yanmar

KC2GIU

Yanmar Community,

In regards to our machines, documentation is sketchy for the electrical schematics.

This is a REQUEST out to our vast global community to ask for HIGH RES SCANNED images of the YM Series machines of the SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS should you have a nice and clear paper copy.  Most of the schematics we have in PDF manuals today are blurry, hard to read, and don't show enough details.

Ideally, 600dpi (600x600) at a minimum resolution would be preferred.  High Res TIFF, JPG or PNG files would work best.

Please email these to the Group Owner directly at  main+owner@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io

Thank you for your help and contributions!

Steve

KC2GIU

Checked off the following few.

- YM135(D)
- YM155(D)
- YM155T(D)

Needing many many many more!

Steve

Wally Plumley

Diagram sent that apparently covers YM195, YM195D, YM240, YM1500 and YM1500D.

Wally

On 12/26/2020 2:40 PM, KC2GIU wrote:
Yanmar Community,

In regards to our machines, documentation is sketchy for the electrical schematics.

This is a REQUEST out to our vast global community to ask for HIGH RES SCANNED images of the YM Series machines of the SCHEMATIC DIAGRAMS should you have a nice and clear paper copy.  Most of the schematics we have in PDF manuals today are blurry, hard to read, and don't show enough details.

Ideally, 600dpi (600x600) at a minimum resolution would be preferred.  High Res TIFF, JPG or PNG files would work best.

Please email these to the Group Owner directly at  main+owner@yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io

Thank you for your help and contributions!

Steve

KC2GIU

Wally,

Thank you!

I may add, it's the best image I've seen yet of any of the schematics.  Sharp clean lines and readable text.

Steve

Wally Plumley

You're welcome. Photoshop is your friend...

I thought that I should also edit the image to include the YM1500 and 1500D - but I have no idea how many other models the schematic actually covers!

Since Yanmar included the schematic (clearly labeled only "YM240") in Manual J002E8221, clearly labeled "MODEL YM195/YM195D", they consider the schematic to be acceptable for those models. And, since Mr. Sheaffer sold that manual as the correct manual for the YM1500/YM1500D, (and my experience agrees with his choice), we seem to now have the wiring diagram for all of those models.

But how many more models use the same schematic?

Wally

On 12/27/2020 12:09 AM, KC2GIU wrote:
Wally,

Thank you!

I may add, it's the best image I've seen yet of any of the schematics.  Sharp clean lines and readable text.

Steve

KC2GIU

Wally,

It would be nice to decipher what schematics align with many models and others that are one-of-a-kind. :)

We do have the YM1500 schematics from the manual in the RESOURCE page links.  I'll have to glance to see if these are indeed the same.  Would be nice.

I've noticed there are models with the ending of F.  Per the schematics, the meaning is full safety lights for legal highway travel; more than just turn signals too.

Even though models 'could' have the same schematic, the end connectors to the electrical components may be different.   I see this with the VR on certain models and how there are VR upgrades for our machines.  Likewise with the fuse block, Hoye and others have a modern block to use the mini-fuses vs. the glass fuses.

Schematics will get a person into the right ballpark to rewire correctly.  Should a person need wire, the best for our machines are the SAE J1128 grade of GXL for underhood and sever harsh environment.  Most of the time, autoparts stores would carry this grade of wiring.  This way, little critters will not chew thru the wires anymore.  Allied has data on the wire grades found here:  https://www.awcwire.com/productspec.aspx?id=type-gxl
 GXL is also used widely in the automotive trailer wiring today.

Thank you for your feedback.

Steve

Wally Plumley

If you want, I can change the titles on the schematics, so that, for example, the same schematic will be identified as the YM1500/YM1500D on both the schematic and on the website. That might help prevent confusion.

Wally

On 12/27/2020 11:08 AM, KC2GIU wrote:
[...]

Oh that isn't necessary.  In the compiling effort, all of the schematics will be compared and reviewed. :)

The YM240 is very close to a YM1500.  The VR on the YM240 has 6 leads connections and the YM1500 shows only 4.  However, most go to the alternator or generator.  So the reality is, the YM240 has 1 extra VR wire path vs. a YM1500.  The rest looks the same.

For the YM1500, the best I could find out of the 3 manuals is attached.  You are right about the comparison, better to have the YM240 as a reference overall.

Steve

Scotty

Well.....maybe..... There is a possible source of confusion that happens whenever "YM240" comes up in electrical discussions.
I ran into that a few weeks ago when I posted the schematic for the YM195/YM195D.

Let's take the YM195 for example, since that is the one I posted.

The good red-plastic cover loose-leaf workshop manual for the YM195s is divided into various sections. The first section is concerned with maintenance and mechanical operations involving replacement parts - about what one would expect from a shop manual. That first section begins with the tab YM1, which is the engine section. After which comes chapters like  transmission, cooling, hydraulics, etc .... incrementing until almost the end which is section YM24 concerned with how to replace electronic components like headlight bulbs, warning lights, and complete Voltage regulators.

THEN THE NEXT SECTION of the same workshop manual is concerned with Theory and Testing. It is laid out in the same order as the first section, but has things like troubleshooting charts, exploded diagrams for the engine, flow diagrams for the hydraulics. and complete schematics for electrical troubleshooting.
These theory & testing sections are designated the same as the first section but with a ZERO added to the section number tab.
That's right; in the theory and testing tabs the beautiful exploded engine drawing for the YM195 is labeled as drawing YM10 because it is YM1 with a zero added.

And the complete schematic for the YM195/195D is of course labeled prominently as drawing "YM240", because YM240 is the tab number that would make that section to be the theory and testing section for the tab on replacement - which was YM24.
In tab YM240 (of the YM195 shop manual) you will find a schematic labeled as drawing YM240 - which just happens to be the ID number for their shop manual troubleshooting section for model YM195 electricals.

If you aren't confused by now, you should be.
I am,   rScotty

On Dec 27, 2020, at 9:37 AM, Wally Plumley <wplumley@...> wrote:

[...]

rScotty,

That EXPLAINS so much.  It mimics the John Deere TM series manuals to a "T".  Just that there is no YM in front of the number, just Section 20 and Section 220 and Section 40 and Section 240.  Now I really understand all of this.  (See TM1192, TM1242 and TM1360 in the Manual location.)

The good thing is, the Parts Manuals with the Schematics relate to the actual YM model of the machine. This way, there is a point of reference.

Now for another funny.  in the Manual location there is a file of:
YANMAR YM135 YM155 YM240 YM330 ELECTRICAL MANUAL.pdf

It relates to the tractor models for the schematics.

So, when we have discussions about the "Service Manuals", a caution in thought must be had first. :)

More Yanmar mysteries unraveled.  Good stuff.

Thanks!

Steve

Scotty

Several people have asked just how similar that the Yanmar schematics are to one another. I'm trying to think of any real differences and can't come up with much. There were two or possibly three different types of voltage regulators and at least two different alternators.... but they all do close enough to the same thing that the only difference is in the placement of a few wires.

The ignition switch is probably the part with as much model specific wiring as any...... and it's pretty easy to figure out. The electrical system in an older Yanmar doesn't do anything but start the motor, charge the battery, and run the lights anyway.

Two toggle switches and charging the battery every month will enable a guy to use a Yanmar without most of the electricals  as long as he doesn't run the lights much. Oh.... make that two toggle switches and a push button switch if it has "thermostart".

I'm on the East Coast for a few months and don't have access to my Yanmar library. Eventually I will get back and check to see if anyone has posted Yanmar's little booklet on how and why they design their alternator and VR as they do - along with several simple variations. There's enough explanation in that booklet to enable a person to make up their own voltage regulator or repair an alternator at home.

rScotty

On Dec 27, 2020, at 3:55 PM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

[...]

Took the YM195 and YM240 (Former Model aka early model).  The two are identical, however, the YM195 shows dotted lines to optional added lights whereas the YM240 comes standard with them.  The YM240 (New Model aka most recent model) differs from the YM195.

The YM135, YM155, YM240 all have former models and new models.  The schematics when in discussion for these machines needs to be defined up front when helping people. There is a s/n break with the machines in question.

Steve

Wally Plumley

Well, we aren't the only ones who are confused.

Yanmar published Manual J002E8221, the Operation Manual for the YM195/YM195D. It has no tabs, no large section numbers. In it, the wiring diagram is clearly labeled "Wiring Diagram (Revised) YM240". Apparently, the people making up the Operation Manual just didn't bother to change the title block...

The wiring diagram is very usable for my YM1500D - in fact, I have not yet found any variation between the tractor and the manual.

Wally

On 12/27/2020 3:33 PM, Scotty wrote:
[...]

Putting the request out again.  Looking for more HIGH RESOLUTION SCANS of Yanmar YM tractor electrical schematics.

Thank you,

Steve

KC2GIU

Recently received a great YM2010 high-res scan of the electrical schematic.  Thank you!

Progress is being made.  Hope to have many machines in this project.  The completion will be a compiled document for the group.  It will server the community in many ways.

Steve

KC2GIU

Recently the YANMAR ELECTRICAL SCHEMATICS YM 3-DIGIT MODELS R3.pdf has been uploaded to the MANUALS section of our storage site.  It's taken a slew of time to compile many of the YM 3-digit electrical schematics. It's a little on the crude side for this version, however, our community is scanning and uploading better resolution schematics in the following weeks. So, a Rev-4 or 5 or etc. will become available later.

This is a first of it's kind.  Thank you for many people here stepping up to the task.

At present, the YM 4-digit electrical schematics will be a chore. Only the YM2610 is in English. With some models, the scans are non-readable as the Japanese text is a smudge and the symbols are washed out. With the YM 3-digit documentation, it would help provide clues on how to reconstruct the YM 4-digit models cleanly and in good detail.  BMaverick