Topics

YM1502D owners/operators manual

Hi
I seem to be having difficulty tracking down an owners  or operators manual or even workshop manual for my YM1502D tractor.
Im in the UK so digital format is ideal so can anyone help with either a download or a link to any digital versions available OR point me at another similar model that might have the downloads available
Thanks
Drossy57

KC2GIU

Drossy,

The YM1510 has the SAME engine.  So, download the YM1510 manuals for at least the engine info. :)

As for the hydraulics, brakes, shifter, others can help here too.

Steve

Thanks Steve
Would you have a link or web address that I can access them on by any chance
Thanks
Doug

KC2GIU

Doug,

Literally right here on our groups website. :)

On the left column at the bottom, click on WIKI.
Next click on the link called RESOURCE PAGE
In the top 1/4 area is a direct link to the manuals.

Don't be overwhelmed, we have the LARGEST known Yanmar manuals section on the web, for FREE.
We do have other backup places, but not all manuals are there due to limiting upload file sizes.

Also, take several pixs of your machine.  We love them.  Plus, having a record of a YM1502 we can see common and uniquely items between models to help you out further.
It's not every day we run across a YM1502. ;)

Steve

Thanks again
got it and downloaded the engine parts manual didnt see an operators manual for the 1510 unless its designated as something else ?
Here are some pics of the beast  (joking)

Thanks again
Doug

KC2GIU

Doug,

Really nice. :)  The machine looks fresh and new, not at all used.

Is it possible to get a few more pixs?

- The 3PT back end without anything mounted on the machine
- With the hood (bonnet) opened, a right side image and left side image.
- The underside where your feet rest. (why this? People like to mount the front loader)
- A real nice close-up of the front grill, head lamps and the logo.  This is another one of those rare items between models.
- A closer pix of the dash panel with the gauges and switches

Steve

Rich Williams

Can you come and see all those items
Makes more sense

On Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:38 AM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Doug,

Really nice. :)  The machine looks fresh and new, not at all used.

Is it possible to get a few more pixs?

- The 3PT back end without anything mounted on the machine
- With the hood (bonnet) opened, a right side image and left side image.
- The underside where your feet rest. (why this? People like to mount the front loader)
- A real nice close-up of the front grill, head lamps and the logo.  This is another one of those rare items between models.
- A closer pix of the dash panel with the gauges and switches

Steve

KC2GIU

Rich,

Are you local in my area? :)

Steve

Rich Williams

Iam in winters near Davis

On Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:43 AM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Rich,

Are you local in my area? :)

Steve

Steve
give me a couple of days and I'll fulfill your wish list  for you !!
Those pics are a couple of years old now but it still looks decent and I try to look after it.
Only gets used on my smallholding 3-4 acres and really only for topping the paddocks and de- thatching
But its a mighty little machine and has not missed a beat for the last 9 years.
Just now starting to get hard to get running but sure a new glow-plug and service will put it back to its usual dependable self
Do I need any special oil or is 30W mineral or semi synthetic ok?

KC2GIU

Wow, that's a 5hr drive from my place.

Rich Williams

You won’t be disappointed it needs nothing it’s ready to work. I have 3 very similar so you get to pick
Next week I get a new hip so won’t be able to show them for a month or so if you’re serious you have 5 days to come and test drive
Good luck

On Friday, March 12, 2021, 3:07 PM, KC2GIU <kc2giu@...> wrote:

Wow, that's a 5hr drive from my place.

KC2GIU

Doug,

For hydraulics, it's J20C specification.  Here in USA, we typically buy a name brand that meets the standard.  J20C is John Deere Hy-Gard for compact tractors.  Yanmar and JD collaborated to perfect it for our machines.  IF your region gets very cold and you apt to do snow removal, J20D is the best bet.

Now, engine oil is mentioned too.  First the JD spec and then the Yanmar.

Hope this gets you ready for the Spring time use.

Steve

KC2GIU

Doug,

The image just under the steering wheel has a black label next to the RED light.  Translated it says Thermo Pilot Indicator.

A person can take a picture of these labels, and then upload each one to the Yandex image translator.
https://translate.yandex.com/ocr
This makes it much easier to understand what is written all over your machine in Japanese to English. :)

On the TBN forum, a few of us worked out the translation on how to use the UFO on the F-FX Series machines for the tillers.  Little-by-little and refining the letters, much was learned.  We also used https://translateimages.site/ when the site is working.

Likewise, with the manuals, find a section of interest, look at the parts diagrams, find the part and it's number in the chart.  Next type that number in a search engine.7 out of 10 times, you will get an English definition for that part.

Knowing the above, one doesn't need to know Japanese. :)  Although I now know that Yanmar is ヤンマー  , diesel is ディーゼル and tractor is トラクター .  Then looking at the top of the older manuals you will see that spelled out. :)

tractor diesel Yanmar
トラクター  ディーゼル  ヤンマー

They read right to left. ;)

Steve

KC2GIU

Rich,

I believe you are totally mistaken about this thread.  I'm not looking at all to BUY at Yanmar, I have one. :)

As a Yanmar community, I only asked for images/pixs to help others out when they acquire a YM1502.

IF you are looking to sell, please see our Group Guidelines here.
https://yanmar-tractor-owners.groups.io/g/main/wiki/20467
This way, you can post the 3 machines with their own classified message.

Now, if I was in the market for another Yanmar, it would be a KE-3 or KE4, or something in the RS series with a cab.  The RS30/RS300 is much like the JD4310.  I'll still keep the YM machine and pass it down to the kids.

Steve

Hi Steve
Did you get those pics please?
Doug

KC2GIU

Doug,

Nothing has arrived from you for a 3rd set yet.

Steve

Another try on pics

KC2GIU

Doug,

Really nice!  Wow.

I translated a few things.  The floor gear shifter sticker from the top right down is Forward-Neural-Reverse.  the little Yellow sticker says to use Yanmar TF-300 engine oil aka 10W30.    To the left, the image is a bit blurry, so the image translator can't make that out.

I had tried a few other images.  Either the camera wasn't close enough or angle was off or too blurry.  However, I did get these to work.

Notice the hood/bonnet has a big warning sign.  Is that because it was an imported gray market tractor?

For the age of the machine, it's is splendid shape.

The rear 3PT is down right interesting.  And it's neat to see the tool box under the seat.

BTW, don't bump nor bend that tiny hook thing to the right.  That's the vent tube to the hydraulic system.

The Thermo-start looks fully intact and the VR box is in the engine bay on the back wall.  Really easy to get at.  Nice.

The hour meter is helpful too.  Every 6min at 2,400rpms, the meter turns 0.1 hours of use.   I tend to run my machine about 1500 to 2000. So the hours go slower and the engine life is longer.

Steve

(a tiny Admin fix.  Couldn't move JR's message without deleting mine and re-sending.)